New Developments for Today's Fashions
Fibers/Yarns – David Sasso, VP International Sales, Buhler Quality Yarns, Corp.
Knit Fabrics – Pat Tabassi, Product Development & Marketing Manager, Design Knit, Inc.
Woven Fabric – Thomas Oviedo, Sales Representative,
California and International Markets, Carr Textile Corp.
Dyeing/Printing/Finishing – Victor Almeida, Textile Engineer, Buhler Quality Yarns.
Moderator – Kathlyn Swantko, President, FabricLink Network
The panel discussed:
• Current trends and what’s next for the Fashion Market
• Multi-functional and novelty fabrics/yarns/finishes for today’s fashion apparel
• Innovative developments in yarns, fabrics, and dyeing/printing/finishing techniques
• New ideas that will inspire today’s fashion apparel
FabricLink and GlobalTex presented this Fashion Industry Panel that brought together leaders in the Fashion Textile & Apparel supply chain to discuss how a tough economy and changing consumer attitudes is impacting innovation and creativity within the product development cycle, and how this ultimately affects bottom line!
The FabricLink Network has presented a dozen similar Industry Panels for the specialty outdoor retail market. These events were must-see seminars at the Outdoor Retailer Show, where attendees often had standing room only space. Now, FabricLink is taking its expertise in organizing these product development focused Panels into the Fashion Market.
Podcast of March 3, 2010 Panel Discussion: (mp3 audio clips)
- Podcast of March 28, 2011 Panel Discussion: L.A. Textile Show Industry Panel Podcast, "FabricLink Network Presents - Technology Driven Fashions"
- Podcast of March 3, 2010 Panel Discussion: ORWM '09 Industry Panel Podcast, "FabricLink's Trend Watch - New Developments for Today's Fashions"
- Podcast of October 13, 2009 Panel Discussion: GlobalTex '09 Industry Panel Podcast, "Fashion Under Stress "
- Podcast of January 23, 2009 Panel Discussion: ORWM '09 Industry Panel Podcast, "CAUTION: Restricted Substance Legislation, Ripple Effects Throughout the Supply Chain "
- Podcast of August 8, 2008 Panel Discussion: ORSM '08 Industry Panel Podcast, "Eco-Logical, Making Sense of Supply Chain Certification"
- Podcast of January 24, 2008 Panel Discussion: ORSM '08 Industry Panel Podcast, "EcoThink! What it means to be green for consumers today"
- Podcast of August 10, 2007 Panel Discussion: ORSM '07 Industry Panel Podcast, "Keeping Your Product Development $$$ on Track"
The transcripts of previous panels.
For more information about sponsorship, click here.
We welcome your comments.