Fiber/Yarn/Thread Trademark and Brand Name Index
Click on a letter to jump to your alpha choice.
- Developed by Microban International Ltd., AEGIS Excalibur® technology is designed for footwear and apparel, combining antimicrobial and an odor absorbing functionality. Excalibur’s proprietary bonding process provides optimal antimicrobial performance when applied to polyester fabrics and fibers. Specifically, the microbes’ negatively- charged cells are attracted to Excalibur’s positive charge, and when they meet, Excalibur punctures the offending cell membrane to help kill the microbes, making the environment inhospitable for them to grow. Excalibur is highly durable and reduces odor and stain causing microbes, and prolongs product deterioration for up to 40 home launderings. Lastly, the formulation is easily incorporated into typical fabric and fiber manufacturing processes without extra steps or special equipment
- ANTRON® is the registered trademark for the INVISTA brand of
commercial carpet fiber. ANTRON® is engineered for superior
soil release, stain removal, durability and ease of maintenance.
ANTRON® can be found in over 800 commercial styles made by
today's leading carpet manufacturers.
Being the only carpet fiber designated as an Environmentally
Preferable Product, ANTRON® is third-party certified as having a
reduced effect on the environment and on human health in
comparative ratings with competing offerings. A durable product
that offers superior performance, ANTRON® yields excellent
life-cycle costs and the lowest total environmental impact.
- This “Eco-Friendly” Polyester fiber, APEXA® is
Biodegradable and “returns to nature”. It can be decomposed into carbon dioxide and water by microorganisms in nature after use. Apexa® can be used in the same way as conventional polyester, and it can also be recycled. Furthermore, it brings no pollution to the environment. APEXA® is registered trademark of E.I.DUPONT de Nemours and Company.
Arselon Flame Retardant Yarn
- Developed by the state company Khimvolokno Svetlogorsk in the
Republic of Belarus and exclusively distributed in North America
by ICF Mercantile, LLC, Arselon is an aramid yarn with excellent
physical properties. The low friction aramid yarn is chemically
resistant to solvents and alkalis, and has a moisture-retention
equal to cotton. Arselon has no drip/no melt qualities, and a
working temperature of 250o330o C / 482o-626o F. The yarn
is also more cost-effective than other aramid fibers, and can be
used in a variety of applications for the industrial and home
Asher Fabric Concepts (AFC) Textiles
- AFC differentiates itself from its competitors by offering
proprietary textiles, and by continually updating and innovating
every aspect of textile design and production. In the past 20
years, Asher has become known as a leader in innovation and
quality in knitted textile fabrications, with and without spandex,
as well as in creativity of print design and application. Some of
the exquisite blended yarns used by ACF in the production of its
high-end quality knitted fabrics include: angora, bamboo,
cashmere, cotton, cupro, hemp, linen, metallics, Modal®, nylon,
organic cotton, polyester, rayon, silk, Sorona®, space dyed,
Supima®, Tencel®, viscose, and wool. AFC's knit constructions
include: terry knits, jerseys, rib knits, stripes, thermals, meshes,
and sweater knits.
- Unifi's synthetic alternative to cotton, Augusta™ delivers the
light hand, soft drape and simple aesthetics of a fine spun
yarn across a variety of end-uses, including seamless
apparel, intimate apparel, and casual sportswear. The
benefits of Augusta include color retention, low pilling,
wrinkle resistance, and easy-care.
Australian Merino Wool
- With the help of Australian Wool Innovation, Merino wool is being rediscovered and reshaped by designers keen to take advantage of the move back toward natural fibers. A product of the ages, Merino wool yarn can be worn through all seasons, and is the fiber for our times. The increasing global preference for natural, eco-friendly and organic products has driven demand for environmentally assured Australian Merino wool.
Back to Top