Fiber/Yarn/Thread Trademark and Brand Name Index
Click on a letter to jump to your alpha choice.
- Headquartered in McAdenville, North Carolina, Pharr Yarns is one
of the most diversified sales yarn manufacturers in the world.
Throughout the world, Pharr is recognized for innovation, quality
and responsiveness. It's High Performance (HP) Yarns are spun
from fibers that have unique inherent properties such as flame
and/or heat resistance, chemical resistance, cut resistance,
exceptionally high strength, and electro-static dissipation, etc. End
uses for HP Yarns may include protective clothing for the military,
fire services and industry, industrial work gloves, filtration fabrics,
high temperature straps/harnesses, conveyor belting, and sewing
thread. Pharr’s Carpet Yarn Division has invested in state-of-the-
art extrusion, new space dyeing, and high speed twisting and
heat-setting. Pharr marries these assets with an experienced
product development team, creating an environment that enables
the fast-paced evolution of final product aesthetics.
- Polarguard® is an insulation continuous
filament polyester fiber developed by
INVISTA. It has been specified by the U. S.
Armed Forces, as the insulation material for
its Extreme Cold Weather Sleep System
sleeping bag, which must protect in extreme
cold environments of minus 60 F. It was
selected because of its high warmth to
weight ratio and easier compressibility. It
was selected over goose down because of
its superior insulation when wet.
- Polarguard® continuous filament
polyester is a member of the
Polarguard Family of Insulation Products.
Polarguard® combines a super void
cross section with modified batting
formation. The larger void creates higher loft
with less weight, making it warmer, yet
lighter. The result is a state-of-the art
insulation that offers superior performance
in sleeping bags and outdoor apparel under
the harshest environments.
- Polarguard® 3D, made by INVISTA, is a
continuous, polyester fiber with a down-like
softness. It is used for fiberfill for sleeping
bags, gloves, outdoor jackets and pants,
and for other outdoor gear. The exclusive
high-void cross section of the fiber prevents
collapse and retains loft after years of use.
In Polarguard 3D the new finer deniers
create insulation that remains strong and
warm for high performance outerwear.
- Polarguard® HV is a polyester insulation
produced by INVISTA. The HV stands for
"high void continuous filament." It offers all
the advantages of Polarguard® but is 25%
lighter, because it traps greater quantities of
air. It is also highly compressible, resists
wet conditions, and is very durable. Most
sleeping bag manufacturers give it a lifetime
- Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and
fungi at the source, permanently. To do this Polygiene uses low
concentrations of silver salt (silver chloride), which has
antimicrobial properties and is naturally present in water and
soil, to safely eliminate the ability for bacteria and fungi to grow.
The permanent treatment is applied at the finishing stages of
textile production and odor control is possible as the technology
is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric and will not
wash out. Polygiene silver salt technology is only active on the
textiles itself and with a heritage in the healthcare sector
Polygiene has applied its expertise and testing to ensure that
there is no effect on the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
Polygiene is not nanosilver.
- PrimaLoft ECO uses fibers made with 70% post consumer recycled materials to create a high loft, thermally efficient, earth-friendly insulation.
PrimaLoft® ECO FOOTWEAR
- PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR uses fibers made with 50% post consumer recycled materials to make a thermally efficient insulation. This earth friendly product provides superior durability and fit for lasting comfort. Gram for gram, PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR keeps feet warmer, wet or dry.
- PrimaLoft INFINITY is a fine denier high-loft continuous filament
insulation engineered for maximum warmth, compressibility, and
- PrimaLoft ONE is the highest performing insulation on the market
for warmth, water resistance, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft ONE is an ultra fine micro fiber insulation that is as
warm, soft, and lightweight as down, and is warmer wet or dry
than all other insulations.
- PrimaLoft SPORT is a premium performance insulation engineered for superior warmth, water
resistance, loft, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft® The Luxury Down Alternative™
- PrimaLoft® - The Luxury Down Alternative™, is the synthetic insulation of choice for the world’s leading bedding and home manufacturers. It’s incredibly soft and lightweight, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic, and machine washable and dryable for easy care. PrimaLoft was developed by Albany International Corp. under contract to the U.S. Army to mimic the properties of down while maintaining the performance aspects of a synthetic. It is a unique microfiber polyester fill that is as soft and warm as down. PrimaLoft bedding and home furnishing products can be found in fine specialty stores, department stores, and catalogs.
- PrimaLoft YARN is a knittable microfiber yarn that can be used alone or combined with other materials, such as Merino Wool or Cotton, to enhance softness and performance characteristics.
- Developed by Unifi, this leading suite of proprietary performance
solutions is available in polyester, nylon, and polybutylene
terephthalate. PROFIBER™ opens up a world of possibilities to
inspire and create differentiated products no one’s ever thought
of. Unifi's PROFIBER polyester embodies quality, performance
and innovation, to create fabrics with almost unlimited potential.
This versatile polyester fiber is embedded with properties such
as: wicking, odor control, thermal comfort, full coverage, stretch,
water resistance and more.
- This innovation from Lenzing Fibers is a fiber blend of Lenzing Modal® and Tencel® in which two fibers complement each other. The combination of these two fibers unites the softness and functionality of both fibers.
- This fiber is a modified acrylic, but not a modacrylic, and has a limiting oxygen index (LOI) of 43%. It is also acid and alkali resistant, UV resistant and solvent resistant. Most importantly, it does not melt, drip or produce toxic fumes. The fiber can be used in nonwoven applications, as well as textiles and composites, and is available as fiber in 2.5 den and 3.5 den and cut lengths between 0.8-4.0in (10-120mm). The fiber is suited for a variety of markets including: public transportation (aircraft, railway, coaches); protective apparel; interior fabrics; construction; and hot gas filtration. PyroTex® passes all requirements for Class I of the Oeko-Tex 100 Standard.
Back to Top