Fiber/Yarn/Thread Trademark and Brand Name Index
Click on a letter to jump to your alpha choice.
- Tactel® Nylon is made by Invista. It is a silkier softer nylon with
a crinkle finish. It offers protection from wind and rain and is
durable. Light weight and quick drying, it is used for gym shorts,
jackets, windbreakers, running suits and more.
- This lyocell fiber is the first cellulose fiber to draw its strength from this nano-technology. As a result of the controlled and regular structure of nano fibrils, new functional properties can be introduced to TENCEL® fabrics. These are hydrophilic and guarantee excellent moisture absorption combined with optimum moisture management. The production process of Tencel is environmentally-friendly. As a result, the fiber was awarded the European ECO Award, combined with the purity of the fiber.
- This patented temperature regulation technology helps to ensure that the ideal body microclimate is maintained. Thermic" absorbs energy (heat) when the environment or body temperture goes up, storing this energy temporarily, and releases the energy as heat when the temperature cools down. Thermic" enhances thermal comfort, reduces perspiration, has high wash durability with no effect on fabric durability. Applications include socks, underwear, sportswear, casual wear, shirts, towels, mattresses and uniforms.
- Thermolite®, made by Invista, provides warmth and comfort without weight, even when wet. It's a lightweight fabric that provides heavy-duty performance, because it's a performance
fabric that traps air for greater insulation. It dries 20% faster than other insulating fabrics, and 50% faster than cotton.
Thermolite® is the perfect layering fabric because it's comfortable and lightweight, allowing more freedom of movement.
- Made by the 3M Company, Thinsulate™ Insulation is a microfiber blend of polyolefin and polyester, which is very thin, lightweight, warm, moisture resistant, and breathable. Thinsulate insulation absorbs less than 1% of its weight in water, an important feature for maintaining warmth under damp conditions. Because it is so thin, it provides the warmth of a big jacket in a much less bulky garment. It is used in high-performance outerwear, jackets, gloves, hats and footwear. Thinsulate™ Ultra® is a softer version.
- Tru-Ballistic® Nylon is is a registered trademark of AlliedSignal Performance Fibers. It is a high-strength, puncture and tear resistant, 1050 denier ballistic nylon with excellent color uniformity. Orginally engineered for military flak jackets, it is now used for the finest lightweight softsided luggage, computer and sports bags.
- Developed by Unifi, Inc., TruFlexx (formerly known as Reflexx),
clothing stretches and recovers throughout a full range of motion
so you can move freely without binding, sagging or pulling.
TruFlexx stretches as needed and bounces right back, because
it's engineered that way—the stretch technology is part of the
fiber. Engineered to stretch and recover, adding comfort and
performance suitable for commercial laundering. TruFlexx
provides exceptional stretch ranging from comfort to
compression; quick drying and low shrinkage; combines well with
other proprietary additives or finishes for additional benefits.
The technology is in the yarn structure. The performance is
dependent upon fabric construction.
- Developed by Unifi and (formerly known as A.M.Y.), TruFresh
prevents odors from setting in because long-lasting anti-
microbial protection is embedded into the fibers. TruFresh
works by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold,
mildew and algae on fabrics. The Core Benefits include: Inherent
technology that helps to inhibit the growth of odor-causing
bacteria on fabrics; less bacteria means less odor, more freshness
and added comfort; inherent odor protection; use of additional
topical chemicals not required to achieve performance
characteristics; fabric construction must contain at least 30%
TruFresh by weight; and combines well with other proprietary
additives or finishes for additional benefits. Technology is in the
yarn structure and the performance dependent upon fabric
- Developed by Unifi With TruShield (formerly known as MYNX),
powerful sunblock doesn't wear out or wash off because it's
inherent in the fiber, not sprayed on the fabric. The Core
Benefits of TruShield is a dependable sunscreen that's part of the
fiber. Fabric made with all-day sun protection offers up to 50 UPF
in wet or dry conditions. Sun shield provides up to 50+ UPF
rating depending upon fabric construction and color; shields
against UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays; TruShield polyester
and nylon maintains 98% UPF rating in wet and dry performance
fabrics; combines well with other proprietary additives or finishes
for additional benefits. The technology is in the yarn structure.
The performance is dependent upon fabric construction.
- Developed by Unifi and formerly known as Sorbtek 365,
TruTemp365 creates the ideal microclimate between you and
your clothes, releasing heat when you’re warm and trapping it
when you're cold. The core benefits include: unique fiber design
that works to create the ideal microclimate between the fabric
and the human body, allowing the wearer to remain comfortable
year-round, whether conditions are hot or cold; enhances the
comfort of the micro-climate between the wearer and the fabric;
breathable moisture wicking for cool, dry comfort; keeps the
wearer cool and dry in the heat, warm and comfortable in the
cold; and combines well with other proprietary additives or
finishes for additional benefits. The technology is in the yarn
structure. The performance benefits and claims are based on
- Manufacturered by Unifi and TruTouch (formerly known as
Cotton-like), TruTouch provides comfortable fabric blends and
superior performance with cotton-like softness so your clothes
won't shrink, wrinkle, fade or pill. The Core Benefits include:
mimics the natural look and feel of cotton spun yarns; provides a
soft, lofty hand; easy care and ready to wear; yarns dry more
quickly than natural fibers, saving energy; requires less
processing (such as fabric brushing or sanding); combines well
with other proprietary additives or finishes for additional
benefits. The technology is in the yarn structure. The
performance benefits and claims are based on fabric
- Tuscarora Yarns offers intimate, streaky, and draw blends of
heather, mélange, Triblend, and performance ring spun yarns in
a wide range of counts. Tuscarora has the ability to blend fibers
including but not limited to cotton, polyester, acrylic, rayon,
wool, flax, and nylon. In addition to straight yarns, we also
manufacture yarns with slub, nub, noil, and nep effects.
Back to Top