Technology/Finish Trademark and Brand Name Index
Click on a letter to jump to your alpha choice.
- Pertexion® is Perseverance Mills' extemely waterproof coating for use in bags and outerwear.
- Produced by PLUS Compound Technologies, PLUS’s virgin
material, and is made from a proprietary formulation of high
performance thermo elastic copolymers that are 100% recyclable.
PLUSfoam is made in large sheets that can be used for a number
of products, including traction pads and deck pads for surfing,
stomp pads for snowboarding, as well as for handles or grips
and virtually anything currently using an EVA or a rubber
- Polarguard® continuous filament
polyester is a member of the
Polarguard Family of Insulation Products.
Polarguard® combines a super void
cross section with modified batting
formation. The larger void creates higher loft
with less weight, making it warmer, yet
lighter. The result is a state-of-the art
insulation that offers superior performance
in sleeping bags and outdoor apparel under
the harshest environments.
- Polarguard® HV is a polyester insulation
produced by INVISTA. The HV stands for
"high void continuous filament." It offers all
the advantages of Polarguard® but is 25%
lighter, because it traps greater quantities of
air. It is also highly compressible, resists
wet conditions, and is very durable. Most
sleeping bag manufacturers give it a lifetime
- Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and
fungi at the source, permanently. To do this Polygiene uses low
concentrations of silver salt (silver chloride), which has
antimicrobial properties and is naturally present in water and
soil, to safely eliminate the ability for bacteria and fungi to grow.
The permanent treatment is applied at the finishing stages of
textile production and odor control is possible as the technology
is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric and will not
wash out. Polygiene silver salt technology is only active on the
textiles itself and with a heritage in the healthcare sector
Polygiene has applied its expertise and testing to ensure that
there is no effect on the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
Polygiene is not nanosilver.
- Eco-friendly FR topical treatment for polyester and polyester rich fabrics in furnishing, upholstery, transportation and contract applications
- Developed by Sommers Plastics, Popper is the latest generation
of thermochromatic (color changing) matrials. Based on liquid-
crystal technology, Popper goes through three distinct color
changes depending on temperature. Below 18 degrees C, the
opaque top color is visible; between 18-30 degrees C (room
temp.), the middle color is apparent; warmed up above 30
degrees C (by touch of hands, room or water temp.), the base
color, print or peek-a-boo message becomes visible "popping"
- Porelle Membranes specialize in the development of membrane
systems used by worldwide manufacturing companies,
particularly in the production of garments & accessories,
footwear, filtration and medical products. Porelle produce a wide
variety of membranes for use in high-end markets to supply a
wide variety of waterproof and breathable membranes. Our
membranes are also resistant to high temperatures and are
extremely durable. Anti-static and chemical splash resistant
options are also available.
PORON® Performance Cushioning
- For over 40 years, PORON® Performance Cushioning has
been a leading ingredient for comfort and cushioning
products, from the everyday to the extreme – at home, work
and play. Dependable PORON Cushioning withstands your
daily wear, and offers materials with shock absorption,
cushioning, custom contouring, and other benefits that can
help you go longer and reduces fatigue over time. PORON
Cushioning brings you long-lasting performance, comfort
and fit in a range of applications from footwear to sports
apparel and cushioning. Brought to you by Rogers
Corporation, a global leader in innovative materials
development, PORON Technology provides the very best in
performance cushioning, from extreme, high-impact
protection to moisture management.
- Consisting of a unique combination of sustainable materials
and recycled content, while maintaining excellent physical
properties, PORON® ReGen™ urethane is latex and PVC free, and
contains no VOC’s. The PORON® open-cell urethanes maintain
their like-new softness, flexibility and shape, along with shock
absorption and moisture management properties, resulting in
maximum comfort. They are available in a broad range of
formulations, densities, thicknesses and colors to meet a variety
of application needs to the environmentally conscious outdoor
equipment, gear, and apparel manufacturers and retailers.
PORON® ReSource Performance Cushioning
- A 2nd generation PORON® Performance Cushioning
manufactured with renewable and recycled materials,
ReSource Cushioning is an ideal material for those taking
active steps towards sustainability but do not want to
compromise product performance, now using 45.96% less
petroleum-based polyols, over twice the amount used in the
1st generation material. PORON ReSource Cushioning is
open-cell, breathable, shock absorbing material that
maintains all of the superior cushioning and performance
benefits found throughout the entire line of PORON
All PORON materials are developed to be free of latex,
(polyvinyl chloride), VOC's (volatile organic compounds) and
heavy metals. PORON ReSource Performance Cushioning
manufactured using a soy-based polyol, which replaces
- This performance material offers resistance to abrasion,
friction, tension, and stitch stress. PORON® urethanes are
lightweight, smooth to the touch, and resist piping, for the
greatest degree of shoe comfort, over the greatest length of
time. The PORON Urethanes materials offer a wide variety
of colors, thicknesses, densities and surface textures to
accommodate any kind of shoe for almost any activity - from
the everyday wear associated with dress shoes, to the
rigorous demands placed on shoes worn during high-impact
sports and exercise. End-uses include: Strap Padding,
Glove Cushioning, Sports Equipment Padding, Saddles,
Saddle Pads, Protective Equipment, Apparel, Seating
Cushioning, Back Packs, Handle Grips for Sports
PORON® XRD™ Extreme Impact Protection Material
- This protection material is a breakthrough technology that
been tested to absorb up to 90 percent of energy when
at high strain rates.* The PORON XRD design difference
thin, flexible, and breathable alternative to traditional
so your customers can say good bye to uncomfortable,
protection. The extreme impact protection developed by the
Rogers Corporation High Performance Foams Research
Development Team is ideal for use in sporting goods,
industry products and other applications where protection,
comfort, and consistent performance are required
- This VELCRO® Brand PRESS-LOK™ system is an innovative and easy-to-use re-close system for flexible packaging, developed by Velcro USA. It is the only closure system that can be closed while blind-folded. VELCRO® Brand PRESS-LOK™ allows for precise, easy alignment that securely closes around particulates. The micro-hook feature has a thin, tight seal, an audible opening & closing, a tactile feel closure that is suitable for a wide variety of products, including powdered products.
- Prima-Tex prints and finishes wovens, knits and specialty fabrics made from cotton, poly/cotton blends, Lycra® blends, denim, nylon, and poly/rayon blends. The company’s design staff has the capability to design a variety of print patterns including florals, ditsy prints, abstracts, plaids, stripes and a variety of conversational patterns.
- PrimaLoft ECO uses fibers made with 70% post consumer recycled materials to create a high loft, thermally efficient, earth-friendly insulation.
PrimaLoft® ECO FOOTWEAR
- PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR uses fibers made with 50% post consumer recycled materials to make a thermally efficient insulation. This earth friendly product provides superior durability and fit for lasting comfort. Gram for gram, PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR keeps feet warmer, wet or dry.
- PrimaLoft INFINITY is a fine denier high-loft continuous filament
insulation engineered for maximum warmth, compressibility, and
- PrimaLoft ONE is the highest performing insulation on the market
for warmth, water resistance, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft ONE is an ultra fine micro fiber insulation that is as
warm, soft, and lightweight as down, and is warmer wet or dry
than all other insulations.
- PrimaLoft SPORT is a premium performance insulation engineered for superior warmth, water
resistance, loft, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft® The Luxury Down Alternative™
- PrimaLoft® - The Luxury Down Alternative™, is the synthetic insulation of choice for the world’s leading bedding and home manufacturers. It’s incredibly soft and lightweight, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic, and machine washable and dryable for easy care. PrimaLoft was developed by Albany International Corp. under contract to the U.S. Army to mimic the properties of down while maintaining the performance aspects of a synthetic. It is a unique microfiber polyester fill that is as soft and warm as down. PrimaLoft bedding and home furnishing products can be found in fine specialty stores, department stores, and catalogs.
- PrimaLoft YARN is a knittable microfiber yarn that can be used alone or combined with other materials, such as Merino Wool or Cotton, to enhance softness and performance characteristics.
- Proof Ace®, developed by Unitika, is a ceramic microporous coating applied to nylon or cationic dyeable polyester fabric to create windproof and waterproof qualities, with moisture permeability. The coating is used for skiwear and outerwear.
Back to Top